Our advanced export options mean that shipping to Australasia is far easier than you might imagine – and getting your ideal high quality used Mercedes-Benz to you in Mauritius is simple, secure and timely. In addition, by importing an EU car you benefit from an immediate cost saving of 20% VAT on all qualifying vehicles, making this a compelling vehicle purchase options
Where do we ship in Mauritius?
Our flexible export options mean that we ship to a port near you. From Felixstowe in Kent our partners go directly to Mauritius.
The shipping itself takes around 35 days from port to port, and all complicated elements are handled by the shipping agent to offer you real ease and convenience – exactly how the experience of buying your quality Mercedes-Benz should be!
We choose to ship via Roll On Roll Off (RoRo), a method designed specifically for the transportation of wheeled cargo such as your pride and joy. These advanced ships offer the latest technology and security, as well as more convenience that traditional cargo vessels.
For the cost of RoRo shipping to Mauritius please call.
Any person wishing to import a second-hand car should seek an import permit from the Ministry of Commerce and Cooperative prior to the importation, the age of the car should be not less than 18 months and not more than 48 months at the time of the shipment.
Before clearing the car, he should submit the following documents to the Customs & Excise Department:
- Originals invoices and Bill of lading.
- Cancellation of Registration Certificate.
- Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate for Japan.
- O.T. Test certificate for U,K. or SAARPCO Certificate for S.A.D.C countries.
- "Be covered by an inspection certificate in the form specified in the Sixth Schedule of the Consumer Protection Regulation or containing the particulars and information required in it, issued not earlier than 2 months before the date of shipment by a branch of Bureau Veritas or Societe Generale de Surveillance (S.G.S) or a competent authority in the exporting country recognized by the Permanent Secretary, or with regard to Japan, South Africa and the U.K by the authorities specified in the Seventh Schedule of the above Regulation."
- In respect of a second-hand motor car of a returning resident shipped on or after 31 December 2011 or such later date as may be prescribed, an inspection certificate stating the CO2 emission of the motor car at the time it was manufactured.
Shippers and Agents
To ensure efficiency, professionalism, timeliness and everything else you’d expect from a vehicle export service, we work with a specific range of partners and agents.
>> More Information